Saturday, September 10, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts

Using NAEYC’s Global Alliance web site I found e-mail addresses for four early learning professionals outside of the United States.  This website helped me to proceed with making the following connections.
 Since Canada is 16 miles from my home I was interested in establishing a relationship with Yvonne Dionne at the Canadian Child Care Federation.  I used the e-mail address posted on the Global Alliance website and it was returned as undeliverable.  I went directly to the Canadian Child Care Federation website and found the e-mail address for Robin McMillan who is the Senior Consultant for the organization.  I am waiting for her response.
I am motivated to establish a professional early learning relationship with Mr. Eric Atmore from the National Early Childhood Development Alliance as a continuation to a previous assignment where I learned about Nairobi’s Community Safety Nets that provide services for the 60,000 street children living there.  The National Early Childhood Development Alliance is located in Clarinch, South Africa.  Using e-mail information found at the Global Alliance website I sent Mr. Atmore an e-mail and waiting for a response.
I have also e-mailed Dr. Betty Chan Po-king from the Pacific Early Childhood Education Research Association in Hong Kong.  Again, from a previous assignment I learned that students are assessed to determine placement in the elite academic programs and I want to learn more about  how or IF the early learning programs implement specific practices to prepare children for memorizing the large amounts of material needed to score high on the assessments. The initial e-mail address found on the Global Alliance website was returned as undeliverable.  I proceeded to acquire another e-mail address directly from the Pacific Early Childhood Education Research Association website.  This one has not been returned and as with my other e-mails, I am waiting a response from Dr. Betty Chan Po-king.

No comments:

Post a Comment