Saturday, October 29, 2011

Collaborative Learning Community

It has been an absolute pleasure making contact with early learning professionals on an international level.  My first attempts were not fruitful as I received two ‘messages undeliverable’ and one reply from the executive direction at the Canadian Child Care Federation.  She responded one time letting me know that she was extremely busy but she said she would be willing to answer any questions I may have.  My first question to the professional at the Canadian Child Care Federation was regarding teacher qualifications for preschool classrooms.  I understand how hectic our roles can be in the field and I have learned that reaching out to share resources will be a time investment with great returns.  When I did not receive a response from the Canadian Child Care Federation,  I proceeded to watch a podcast on the World Forum Radio website.  This is where I listened to Delfena Mitchell with the Liberty Children’s Foundation and was inspired to see if I could establish contact with her.
I am thrilled to have established contact and learn about the services provided at the Liberty Children’s Home.   I hope to continue my contact with Delfena Mitchell to learn as much as possible about the successes and challenges faced by the staff, children and families at the Liberty Children’s Home.   Currently they are experiencing a budget crisis and it is my hope that they can find the funding that will support the return of the Parents as Teachers program and support expanded services for their pre-school program.  It is also my hope that Delfena Mitchell has the physical and emotional support necessary to fulfill her role as Director of the Liberty Children’s Home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment